If you haven’t been to the National Trout Center for our FREE Fly Tying Fridays, what are you waiting for? Every Friday from 10am-3:30pm you can learn how to tie flies or if you already are a fly tying expert, come by and show us your skills. Visitors have fun while learning the art of fly tying. And when you’re at the Center, you’ll get to see our live trout exhibit sponsored by POET, one of our corporate sponsors.
- The Driftless Fly Fishing Co., one of our Business Members, is hosting a Terrestrial Workshop from noon-1pm at their shop, 208 St. Paul St. SW in Downtown Preston. The workshop includes a drawing for Big Bug assortment, drinks and lunch. This is a FREE event open to all.
- River Cleanup in Lanesboro. 8am-noon. Meet at the dam. Prizes for the most interesting trash pulled from the river.
- Another of our Business Members, Root River Rod Co., will host their Grand Opening by helping with river clean-up in the morning. At noon, head back to their shop at 116 Parkway Ave N. in Lanesboro for grilled lunch and a casting contest with prizes valued up to $600.
Thanks to these businesses for becoming Members of the National Trout Center.
If your business is interested in joining the National Trout Center as a Business Member and have your business listed on our Business Member Page in our newly designed website, email email@example.com or call the Trout Ladies, Kelsey Hoffmann or Annie Lewis, 507-765-2452.
Our Business Members
- The Driftless Fly Fishing Co.
- B&B Bowl
- Property Brokers of Minnesota
- Old Barn Resort
- Pamela Ristau, CPA
- Preston Area Art Council
- Troutlaws Fly Fishing Guide Service
- Root River Rod Company