Forestville Creek, Willow Creek, and the South Branch of the Root River (upstream of the restoration project in Preston) are all clear and fishable.
Trout Run is just a little cloudy but still very fishable.
Camp Creek and Duschee Creek are pretty dirty and not the best for fishing.
Stream conditions aren’t great and with more rain predicted tomorrow it looks like they won’t be getting much better for the weekend.
Here is how some of the local streams looked this morning:
South Branch of the Root River and Camp Creek were a little murky but still fishable. Willow Creak was clear. Duschee and Gribben Creek were both muddy making for difficult fishing conditions.
South Branch of the Root River, Spring Valley Creek, and Forestville Creek are all clear and fishable.
Etna Creek and Trout Run are a little cloudy but still fishable.
- Spring is here! Warmer days ahead mixed with rain… (4/6/2017)
As the traditional trout opener approaches, southeast Minnesota streams are in great shape, insects have been hatching, and trout are being caught. Streams are generally running clear and normal with some upward bumps in levels this past week due to rain. Blue-winged olives have been hatching and we’re into the time of year when you may run across a dark hendrickson hatch if you find yourself on the right stream in the right conditions.
This coming weekend is going to be warm again and if you’re headed out for catch-and-release trout fishing you should have no problems. Rain returns Sunday and more, occasional showers are on the way for the week prior to April 15th. Good luck and bring your rain coat!
- Winter Bite (2/20/2017)
- Current Conditions (9/3/2016)
- Just in Time for Labor Day (9/1/2016)
- Flash Flood? (8/26/2016)
- Seesaw Hydrograph (8/18/2016)
- Current Conditions (8/13/2016)
- Current Conditions (8/6/2016)
- Current Conditions (7/30/2016)
- Current Conditions (7/16/2016)
- Current Conditions (7/2/2016)
- Current Conditions (6/25/2016)
- Current Conditions (6/16/2016)
- Current Conditions (6/10/2016)
- Current Conditions (5/28/2016)
- Current Conditions (5/19/2016)
- Stream Conditions (4/18/2016)